BlackFriday.Expert (hereafter: “BlackFriday.Expert” or “our website”) is an business of Maddox Media B.V. (hereinafter: Maddox Media). Maddox Media, located at Parallelweg 27 A.107, 5223AL ‘s-Hertogenbosch in the Netherlands, is responsible for the processing of personal data as described in this privacy statement.
We consider your privacy to be very important and ensure that if you share personal data with us, it will be handled with care. In this privacy statement, we would like to explain how we do this. If you have any questions about this, we will be happy to help! You can reach us via email@example.com. This privacy statement explains how we collect, use, share and protect data in relation to our website BlackFriday.Expert.
Personal data that we process
Maddox Media processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide us with the data yourself. Below you will find an overview of the personal data we process, depending on the service you purchase:
- First name
- E-mail address
- Location data
- IP address
- Data about your activities on our website
- Internet browser and device type
- Other personal details that you actively provide (for example in correspondence)
Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process
Our website is not intended to collect data on website visitors who are younger than 16 years old. Unless they have permission from their parents or guardian. However, we cannot verify whether a visitor is over 16. We, therefore, recommend that parents be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data from being collected on children without parental permission. If you are convinced that we have collected personal data on a minor without such consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete this information.
For what purpose and on the basis of which basis do we process personal data?
Maddox Media processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To send newsletters and mailings that you have signed up for.
- To be able to respond to questions and/or comments by e-mail.
- To inform you about (changes to) our services that you have previously purchased. You can always unsubscribe by clicking a link in the mail.
- To tailor our services to your preferences based on your surfing behaviour. We will only do this with your permission.
Maddox Media does not make any decisions based on automated processing (algorithms) that could have adverse effects on you. These decisions are made by computer programmes or systems, without a human being (for example, an employee of Maddox Media) being involved.
How long we keep data
Maddox Media will not keep your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the goals for which your data was collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Personal data is only stored and used for sending our newsletter. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we ask your permission to save your personal data. We will keep this permission for 5 years. Even if you decide at some point that you no longer wish to receive the newsletter or personalised messages, we will retain your request. After this period, all your personal data including the information about the withdrawal of consent will be deleted. As long as you are a subscriber to our newsletter, your personal data will be kept by us.
Personal data is data that cannot be traced back to a person. We use this data to optimise BlackFriday.Expert.
- Personal data is not kept longer than a maximum of 38 months. We process and store this data on the basis of a legitimate interest. This means that we want to give all our visitors the best possible personal service. In doing so, we always consider your privacy.
Sharing personal details with third parties
Maddox Media only provides data to third parties if this is necessary for the execution of our services to you or to comply with a legal obligation.
We have entered a processing agreement with Google. The data we collect in Google Analytics is anonymised and encrypted. The so-called ‘data sharing’ with Google is switched off. Finally, we do not use Analytics cookies in combination with other Google services.
Reviewing, modifying or deleting data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your consent for data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Maddox Media, and you have the right to data transfer. This means that you can request that we send the personal data we have on you in a computer file to you or another organisation named by you.
You can send requests for inspection, correction, deletion, data modification or request to withdraw your permission or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
How we protect personal details
Maddox Media takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes. If you feel that your information is not properly protected or there are indications of abuse, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Our employees’ servers and devices are equipped with up-to-date security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- We only send your data via secure internet connections (TLS, previously SSL). You can tell this from the ‘https’ address bar and the padlock symbol.
- Access to personal data is secured with “2-factor authentication”.
- All employees of Maddox Media who have access to personal data are trained to handle your data carefully.
- DKIM and SPF are the internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving e-mails in our name that contain viruses, are spam or are intended to obtain personal (login) data.
Cookies, or similar technologies, that we use
A cookie is a small text file that is stored in the browser of your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. We use 4 types of cookies.
BlackFriday.Expert uses necessary, preference, statistics and marketing cookies. We only use the cookies necessary for technical and security functionality. These ensure that the website works properly and is secure.
The preference cookies help to remember your preferred settings (such as your preferred language). In addition, there are statistics cookies, which collect anonymous data about the use of our website and help us to optimise the site. Advertisers place promotional content on BlackFriday.Expert. Sometimes, such content may include a pixel that tracks how many times the promotional content has been viewed. We assure you that these pixels never collect privacy-sensitive information. Finally, we use marketing cookies, which track your surfing behaviour. Cookies from embedded content originating from social media sites such as YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest also fall under this last category.
When you first visit our website, we inform you about these cookies and ask your permission to use them.
You can also opt-out of cookies from all websites by configuring your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari). In addition, you can delete all information that has previously been stored using your browser settings. If you disable these cookies in your browser, you can no longer use all features of BlackFriday.Expert and embedded content can no longer be displayed. Your experience of the site may be reduced.
Who is responsible for your data?
Maddox Media B.V.
Chamber of Commerce number: 71765727
Do you have any questions or complaints?
For questions or complaints about your data and the protection of your privacy, please contact us.
Write to us: Parallelweg 27 A.107, 5223AL ‘s-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands.